Forum Rules SING: Qu'est ce que c'est ?

SING est le nouvel outil de developpement qui est basé sur ABAL3 ( derniére génération du langage ABAL). Il permet donc de générer du code abal (code objet) sous forme d'overlay,module,programme. Il contient un editeur de formulaire graphique (ecran) , un gestionnaire de classe, un gestionnaire des fichiers base de donnée, un générateur de doc technique etc.... Version actuelle: Abal 3.1e.0.06

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Web application with Sing, First steps and examples
Maurizio
Posted: 04/06/09 08:05
Quote Post

User

Group: Italiano
Member No.: 140
Submissions: None Submitted
Downloads: No Files Downloaded

I think that it's the moment to really start our experience with Sing and it's method to create local and web application.
About this, in this year we builded some little local and web applications, we would like to share our experience with other.
There are hundred questions and doubts, so we think that better way is simply to start with something simple to discover potentiality and especially to see our sing program operate on our files, locally and via browser!

Here you can find a version of Wasp already produced as .at, with some simple instructions to make it functioning on your windows pc.

Before you start:

Least configuration

- Wexa 3.2a.1.01
- Criteria 3.8 (every version)

Installation steps:

1. Install 'bdanet' from wasp cd (version 1.0a.0.56 minimum) in {abal_path}\bdanet\
*** Only bdanet, demo licence with limited connection ***

Set these environment variables via abal configurator:

ATPATH={abal_path}\Runtime3\Tools\
DYNAMICPATH=C:\temp\ (verify that exist!)
FONTPATH={abal_path}\Runtime3\Fonts\
IMAGEPATH={abal_path}\Runtime3\Images\
STYLEPATH={abal_path}\Runtime3\Styles\
SYS_ATPATH={abal_path}\Wasp\bin\
SYS_BDAPATH={abal_path}\bdanet\

2. Decompress file 'wasp.zip' in {abal_path}\Wasp\

It's all! in {abal_path}\Wasp\servertest\ you find two links: wasp (that start service), and admin (that let you configure many parameters: port to use, firewall rules, agents to work with your web service, etc. etc.).

It is only a begin, i hope that every one have made something working with sing will put here an example. If there is someone interested, we can upload our simple projects such example.

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 186 )
Attached File  Wasp.zip
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
root
Posted: 04/06/09 09:14
Quote Post

God of the forum

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2
Submissions: 10 
Downloads: 19

Thank maurizio for this new sharing

To let people see what and web application is could be nice to have the web application online.
Is it possible to give us an url to try the web application online
It could help to you to see the the web application speed when several people use it in same time.

i have try to create a little web application but i only test it on local never online.
So i never see the reaction of the web application when several people use it in same time.

PM
Gianni
Posted: 04/06/09 09:45
Quote Post

Hyper User

Group: _Membre
Member No.: 53
Downloads: 11

We my web application i give > 6/7.000 page/day and 15/20 user on the same time (for this i need Apache because IIS on php can process max 10 user on the same time).
ciao
gianni
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
Maurizio
Posted: 04/06/09 09:57
Quote Post

User

This is the project where we are working. It's an order acquisition, it's working on our files (about 1000 clients and 2000 products).

http://88.56.229.249:8089/sorgenti-sing/so...ndite/login.htm

you can log into the procedure with:
utente: webstef
password: webstef

Actually you can click only on the button 'Inserisci un nuovo ordine' and use the form you see

N.b.: it would be interesting for us to share this and other project where we are working

For example, by 6 months we are using a web application to receive ticket for support. the application is used by about 300 our customers, and it work so nicely. You can see this application clicking on:
http://88.56.229.249:8089/sorgenti-sing/un...rgV=12345678901

root
Posted: 04/06/09 23:57
Quote Post

God of the forum

nice work maurizio

Create a sing "formulaire" and transform it in a web agent isnt hard.
if the "formulaire" only contain field its easy
But when the sing "formulaire" need some list on criteria file, a dynamic list on a web page , isnt the same as a list on a sing "formulaire"

PM
Maurizio
Posted: 05/06/09 06:43
Quote Post

User

What you say is really true, in fact in this project we had to work harder to obtain this result:

http://89.202.199.28:8089/web/offerte/login.htm

user: bonacci
pwd: bonacci

than try to insert a new offer and select, for example, first model (top left)

I'm trying to say that working with Sing is possible, and we can obtain great result. but if we think that Sing can resolve interface problem of our software, we wrong. I think Sing is to use for new project, new methods in making list and, surely, a new interface for our customers.

I'll be so disposed to share our works with everyone want use Sing.

root
Posted: 05/06/09 09:30
Quote Post

God of the forum

its wrong to think : i create a new application with sing and i just click on the button to generate a web application

we have to think differently to create application that can be convert in web application

a web application is not an application like we use to create
the interaction between the web application in the browser and the web server can be low

So a multicritere list like with screener ( on each caracter you type the list is refresh to replay to the MC request ) is not possible in a web application.

In fact a web application need the less possible interaction with the web server to be fluid. And this isnt compatible with a modern application where the user is use to have a lot of interaction on the application screen.

But sing is a good way to create abal specifique application that can become a web application.
but we use to practice and find the good way to make sing "formulaire" that can be "compatible" with web application transformation and web application use.

sing just create the html code for a web page as a html form . In a html form we cant do a lot of thing.

I am interest in this thing but i dont have time for this :-(

BUT sing seem to be nice for experiment webservice
PM
Maurizio
Posted: 06/06/09 06:40
Quote Post

User

Web programming by its nature must be different from a programming designed to interact constantly with the server.

This means that an application made for work locally will never be smooth if applied to Web.

This certainly is the first point to make clear. Then, develop a Web interface can be done:
1 - very well knowing html, php, asp, etc.. and by ensuring that interact via Odbc with our data (with all the shortcomings of the odbc driver)
2 - developing interactive communications between an Abal application and an apache server with html pages still created with other tools
3 - using Sing. We have the advantage of have a unique working method, a single method access to data, we should not bother to write html with other instruments, we should not bother write source Abal.

We have done all these evaluations, and we valutated sing is the only tool that will allow a
organic development of a project involving different peoples at different times. And with an outcome worthy of note. Let us remember that the server Wasp, in its single-server configuration, it accepts up to 256 simultaneous connections. All will be checked, it is true, but they have declared 256...

root
Posted: 06/06/09 12:15
Quote Post

God of the forum

Do you run your webagent on a useit or a windows server ?
wasp server can be mono or multi server but i dont know if its limited to useit and if it work to on windows server
PM
Maurizio
Posted: 06/06/09 21:44
Quote Post

User

It's running on a windows server, and can be also multi-server.
root
Posted: 11/06/09 19:35
Quote Post

God of the forum

up
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

webcron.org Get Firefox! prologue-community.org est monitoré par ikoula.fr Referenceur Gratuit www.prologue-community est mis en évidence sur internet grace à daubresse.fr
moteur de recherche - referencement
Conformément à l'article 34 de la loi "Informatique et Liberté" vous disposez d'un droit d'accès, de modification, de rectification et de suppression des données qui vous concernent.
Pour l'exercer, merci de nous contacter : CONTACT US

www.prologue-community.org n'est pas enregistré à la CNIL
www.prologue-community.org est hébergé sur visit.fr

www.prologue-community.org est indépendant de la société Prologue
Une grande partie des logiciels et outils cités sur www.prologue-community.org sont des produits et marques déposées par la société Prologue

MKPortal M1.1 Rc1 ©2003-2005 All rights reserved
Page generated in 0.00747 seconds with 2 queries